Convert any image to Line art in photoshop in 5 steps

by Ankush Rajput 2 comments



Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

In this post, I am going to tell you how to convert any photo to line art in just few steps.

Below is the original image that I used for the tutorial -

Below is the result image -

Here's how to do it -
1. Make two duplicate layers of original image.

2. Select the topmost layer and then go to Image > Adjustments > Invert.
3. Now set its blending mode to Color Dodge.

4. Go to
Filter > Other > Minimum. Then change the radius value according to the image. In this case I put 2 as shown below.
5. Now right-click on topmost layer and Click on Merge Down. There will only be two layers left. Select the top layer and change its blending mode to Luminosity. You're done.
It produces the image below.
I hope you like the tutorial. If you have any doubts, please leave it in the comments section.


Comments 2 comments
Unknown said...

I looking for this!
But, I suggest u change the background too...
Get lineart too, maybe
it will take incredible effect...
Thanks

Unknown said...

Where exactly do you, " right-click on topmost layer and Click on Merge Down." I realize I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but for the life of me I cannot find how to bring up that command given your instructions.
Photoshop is such a P.I.T.A. for me.

Please advise on how specifically and VERY exactly how to proceed with step 5.

I'm using CS2, perhaps that's the issue?

Post a Comment

My Name is Ankush Rajput
I am from India. Only 19 years old studying in college. I like photography and editing images with photoshop. I spend my free time searching for photography tips and exploring photoshop and whatever I learn I share it here.
ankushrajput2@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Advertise on this site Sponsored links

Sponsored Links

My Photos on flickr

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves